After repeatedly hearing about blogs and being lost in conversation. I have finally decided to come out of the dark age and into the 20th Century. I guess I need to tell you about our family. I have been happily married to Duke for 12 years, even though we have known each other for 25 years. We met when I was umpiring a softball game. He says I struck him out, but everyone knows it is the pitcher that strikes out the batter. Anyway we became best friends and it with a lot patience, understanding, and several long night conversations that God finally broke through my thick skin and I accepted Christ. Duke and I dated while I was in college and as he recalls (and we know how memory is) that I "dumped" him. It took us 10 years to find each other (or God to bring us together). We were married within a year.
Now the kids---We have 3 beautiful children: Jessica-19, Trevor-17, and Andrew-6. God never blessed us with out own children, but he chose us to raise and love someone else's children. Jessica and Trevor were officially adopted May 14, 1999; however, they were living with us for over 6 months. We were in South Bend at the time and we decided to move back to the Indy area to be around family (little did I know that God would provide us with a church family as well). I was in the delivery room with Andrew and had the pleasure of cutting his umbilical cord. He has been a blessing that can never be described. I'll tell more about our kids later.
We moved to Brownsburg in August of 1999 and have been attending Hope Community Church ever since. I am the AWANA Commander and Duke is a deacon, on the Finance Committee, and is the one you go to when you need money. I teach for Indianapolis Public Schools and Duke works for Meijer.
Well, you will find out more about us as I get more in tune with this blogging thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Welcome to the blogging world!! I'll be sure to send the Painter El Cinco bull your way sometime during his world tour. :)
Um, Kim... This is the 21st century. According to your title, you still have a century to go, but at least you are headed in the right direction!! ;o}
Hey Kim, It's pastor. Glad you finally made it to the 20th Century. We will await your arrival in the 21st one of these days... Or will we always be like "Dippin Dots" the ice cream of the future, no one ever seems to catch up to the Dippin Dots. Are they in a time warp too? Maybe your Scifi hubby can figure that out as well. Have a great century!
Post a Comment