Thursday, June 5, 2008
Dial-Up
I also forgot to mention another reason I have not blogged lately. This horrible dial-up. Now, I know what many of you are thinking and it may be true. But we changed back to dial-up for 2 reasons (basically the same). We changed everything over to AT&T to save money (every one's into that aren't you). Then we found out that DSL was not available in our area. I guess they must consider us to live in outerspace since the Bohrer's live less than a mile on the longitude line (or is that latitude- who knows, I am just a teacher). Paul might be able to help with that one. Anyway, when I called Comcast back they said it would be 56 some odd dollars and taxes and fees were not included. They must be out of their minds. I did say we changed to ATT&T to SAVE money not spend more. So I just knew that AT&T would get with the progem and re-align their GPS and we would have DSL in less than six months. Well, I must have had much more faith in them than they did in themselves. It has been over 8 months and I am still waiting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We had dial up. We went with U-Verse (at&t) and changed the land line to Vonage ($25 for EVERYTHING). It turned out to be cheaper than dial-up and our att land line phone.
So I can get a higher speed with vonage? Thanks for the idea. What would we be without friends?
Well, no, Vonage is the phone service. That is $25 for everything (call waiting, call forwarding, voicemail, free long distance...) We have U-Verse for our internet provider. It is fiber optics and runs faster than most types of DSL. It isn't broadband exactly. It is $30 a month. (for $60 you can get 100 TV channels and your internet connection with u-verse) I didn't, just computer hook up. This commercial break was brought to you by... Oh, if you do switch to vonage, let me know, so I can give you a referral. We both get two months free.
When I hear dial-up, I just get mad.
Post a Comment