Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Dogs

It saddens me to say, but I am going to have to get rid of my dogs. Tiko keeps getting out and Snickers follows when she can. Snickers has been deamed potentially dangerous and I am afraid that if they get out too many more times, animal control will force us to put them (at least Snickers) to sleep. This is not fair to them. So Diane suggested that I put a post on freecycle.org. I also posted on Craig's List. I have had 12 people respond since 7:30 this evening. When I wrote the post, I did not think it would bother me, but then I got an e-mail from a lady who has an aussie (the first dog I had as an adult that we had to put to sleep because he lunged at Andrew when he was 6 months old). I was crying because I missed Hamilton. I pray that I will not grieve for these 2 dogs like I have Hamilton. I know I will find them a good home. Everyone pray that I make the right decision in this matter. Duke does not care either way. He will be in Champaigne tomorrow and we are leaving Thursday for vacation, so time is of the essence.

God, please guide me in choosing the right parents for Tiko and Snickers. I love them both so dearly and want what's best for them. Talk to me as I meet with these families, so I can make a wise decesion and not let my emotions get in the way.

No comments: