Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Busy, Long Weekend

Well, for the first time in history. IPS closed while many others just had a delay. Brownsburg was also closed, but only because they had a half day. Andrew and I did absolutely nothing. I guess God was preparing me for what was coming. Saturday morning I got a call from my Mom that my grandma was being taken to the hospital. 911 was how she put it. As if there is another way to get the hospital via ambulance. Anyway. I was pretty upset. Mom said she was non-responsive. We just went through this right after Papaw died and I just wasn't ready. So I called Duke. After I dialed, Andrew asked who I called.
I said "Dad".
His reply, "He won't answer."
My response, "Why not?"
"His phone is downstairs."
Kids are so smart.

I knew Duke had been at Men's fraternity, so I called Pastor. He said Duke had already left. So I figured that he would be home before I finished getting dressed. I got dressed. No Duke. I brushed my hair and teeth. No Duke. I took my medicine. No Duke. I know you must think I live real far from church. If he was walking maybe. I waited as long as I could. So Andrew and I got into the truck. Did I mention that the truck has no heat? Well, I am still upset. So I begin praying. I know I was selfish, but I prayed that God would not do this right. I wasn't ready. I really thought about this later and was totally surprised when he actually answered my selfish prayer. Now, I am praying that God prepare me for when he does take Mamaw. I still haven't figured out where Duke was, so Andrew and I decide to try to drive by Meijer. Before we get there, Duke calls. he was at church (in the sound booth) and everyone had thought he left. Pastor saw his car and went back in looking for him. I immediately did a U-turn and headed for the hospital. Andrew was upset that I was driving sixty in a fifty. I was so caught up in praying that I did not even realize. Thanks, Andrew for looking out for me. We spent the day at the hospital. They admitted Mamaw for observation. And thank Pastor and Sarah for taking Andrew.

Sunday, we went to church and then back to hospital. Then we went to bed. Duke wakes me up after 1:00 a.m. and said my brother just called. Trevor had called him and said that he went to Wishard ER because he had an asthma attack. So I get dressed and drive downtown in the middle of the night. I get to the ER to find out he had been discharged and was no where to be found. I drove the streets of downtown for an hour trying to find him, but couldn't. I was so worried. He finally called Monday around 4:00. I guess he did not think I was worried. He is fine. the doctor said it was stress. Needless to say I was not worth much Monday. So now my weekend is over and back to work I went today. That is another post for another time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your title should "weekend in the hospitals" or "when it rains it pours" or "Stressed to the Max" or...
Kim, it was beyond a busy weekend!