Sunday, March 22, 2009
Sparks-A-rama/AWANA Games
We took a group of Sparks to Sparks-A-Rama yesterday morning to compete against other area churches. We brought them back and then took a group of T&T clubbers to AWANA Games. The kids looked like they were having a blast. Sparks tied for 3rd (do not tel them it was out of 4). There were 13 other churches participating, but each church only competed against 3 other churches. T&T got 3rd (do not tell them it was out of 3). There were 16 area churches and most competed against 2 other churches. Our kids tried hard and did us proud by their Christian -like attitudes and sportsmanship. Jearomy Carlton worked hard to prepare for this event. I am not sure he knew what he was getting into when he agreed, but now he knows and I hear he is already planning for the Gold next year. Lew Leckrone assisted Jearomy and was a great team player. Shawn Erbe helped during Sparks-A-Rama and was a valuable asset. I wish he could have stayed and helped with T&T, but he had a "Nerd" prom to attend with his lovely daughter, Shawna. We look forward to a better year next. Angie Brown, Janelle Erbe, and I are already making a list of needed supplies for next year: knee pads, traction shoes, and gloves. We are pumped!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment