Sunday, November 9, 2008

Over a month, and yes still alive

Well, my life has been hectic to say the least. I know many of you would have thought I died or fell off of the face of the earth. But since you have seen me around church, you know that is not true. I never seem to have time to blog. My 6 year old son today told me that he had seen pictures that Heidi took of the family and I had no idea he even checked the blogs. Boy am I being showed up.

Anyway, alot has happened in you can imagine.

Jessica Update
Jessica has had a lot of things happen of late. Several months ago she started dating a guy that we found out was an illegal Mexican and he made his intentions very clear. Well, I began to pray (and hard I might add) about this situation. I thought of every conceivable thing I could to make her end this and even so not so conceivable. I even thought about calling immigration on him. If he was deported, he could date my daughter. Well, thankfully for me I waited for God's answer. About 2 months after the relationship began, Jessica called all upset and said she found out he was married. THANK YOU GOD. I know you are thinking that I should not be so happy that my daughter was dating a married, but she ended the relationship immediately. She did not know he was married and did the right thing when she found. Isn't God good. Well, after this event and then another not mentionable event, we decided we had to obtain guardianship. We have been trying and praying for this for over 2 years, but something kept getting in the way (mainly lack of money). But his time, we had to do at whatever cost. Our original lawyer was charging $1650. A colleague of mine gave me her boyfriend's number and he is only going to charge us $550 plus court costs. So now we have started the process.

Trevor Update
Trevor finally came home after almost a year and a half in juvenile. We were sceptical, but also excited to have him coming home. We had a welcome home bonfire for him. Many people from church showed up and I am sure this made him feel very loved. Thanks to Paul for getting the bonfire going, even thought the wind was a little to chilly for us adults to stay outside. So we all crammed into the house. Good thing we love each other and that everyone took showers. He has been great since he has been home. He has helped around the house, cooked some, and plays a lot with Andrew. No serious problems, just unmotivated to get a job. Hopefully, this week it will change. If anyone knows of places hiring, let Trevor know.

Andrew Update
Not much change with Andrew. He is excited Bubby is home. Cried and was upset that he could not go on the Men's Retreat. He finally said that we he was old even to go, Bubby and Daddy would not be able to go. I took him, Logan, and Garrison bowling Friday Night. trying to help him forget about the retreat. They all bowled spares and Logan even got a strike. Go Boys, go!

2 comments:

Jen said...

oh yeah baby, that's my boy!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Kim!!!!!!!!!!